Friday, March 16, 2012

Deliverance

In you O Lord I put my trust,
What am I but lowly and made of dust?
In sin I’m worthy to be blamed,
Yet, through your Son I’m not ashamed.

Troubles are ever at my door,
I find no hope in self that is worthy or sure,
But I am yours and truly blessed,
Deliver me, O God, in your righteousness.

Through your Son I am exuberantly free,
For His sake incline your ear to me.
From unfounded attacks deliver my soul,
You are my fortress, my rock, my stronghold.

For the sake of your Son,
Persevere a pitiful one;
O leave your gates open wide,
And through your Spirit lead and guide.

Into your holy hand I commit my soul,
My faith and peace are secure and full,
For you, O Lord, have loved me since before my youth,
And so I love you, O God of truth.

(Ps. 31:1-5)

No comments:

Post a Comment